Access thousands of Business and Residential Direct Marketing Databases from one source.
Good data is key to the success of any marketing campaign. Data needs to be carefully selected, but more importantly, it must be accurate. Failure in either department will, at best result in a poor response or at worst, a waste of resources and cash in terms of lost sales, handling of returns and disposal. All the data we supply is guaranteed and you can legally use it.
T2D Direct Marketing offers an independent list-broking service for UK and International Direct Marketing B2B data & B2C data for mailing, telemarketing and email marketing. We offer both a bureau and on line service. Our sales staff have real time experience of Direct Marketing and are able to find even the most obscure list for clients. We deal with hundreds of list owners from both the UK and the rest of the world, so we find the right list for your campaign – not the list owner’s pocket. With over 80 years of real world experience, the team can add refinements or make suggestions that at first did not seem obvious. Here are some simple questions to ask before committing to any data:
Initial Pitch – This will help us help you
- What is the purpose of the campaign?
- Do you have a mail piece sample ready to send to all List Brokers that are pitching?
- Have you thought about possible competitors who may not rent names, but may swap?
How is the database created?
- Is it compiled, response, telephone, exhibition, publication, questionnaire, customer database based? How often is it updated?
- Basic profiles – age, male/female, demographics
- Define key selections, i.e. one person’s buyer could be another’s lapsed customer
- How often has it been rented?
- What are delivery times?
- What suppression’s – if any – are used by the list owner? ( Do ask this question) £££ savings
- What selections are available?
- Do they have all the permissions in place and can they prove it
- Choose candidate lists for tests and negotiate
- Large mailers should be able to demonstrate their high net downs rate, especially for new tests
- You will normally be quoted a cost per 1,000. You should work out cost of name mailed, based on expected net downs after merge/purge, cost of additional selections, run on charge, delivery charge
- There is a need to forecast how many you should buy based on merge/purge output
- Do you want to negotiate for repeat mailings?
- What are the terms of usage?
- Make sure you have some back up lists in case you can’t get access to certain lists
- You may want to get an idea of additional cost for a roll out quantity
Direct Marketing List Warranties and DPA
- Ask if the direct marketing list is registered ny the List Warranty Registration Scheme
- Ensure the data adheres to the Data Protection Act
- Ensure that warranties are in place re the DPA
Ask for Help
- Be prepared to ask for help.
- Share information with the List Brokers and build up a good relationship.
- The better the relationship, the better the service you will receive.